Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Quest

I've baked quite a few things since I started about a year and a half ago. I started with cookies and my lola's (grandmother's) recipe of apple pie.
Apple Pie! My lola's recipe (yum yum!)


When my lola was still with us she lent me a scrap book filled with recipes. Some were cut out from newspapers and magazines, others were penned in. I must have gotten my "sweet tooth" from her, as most of the recipes were of pies, cookies, cakes and other pastries.

A page from one of her scrapbooks

After she passed away, I was surprised to discover that there were about 5 scrap books all filled with recipes. Later on, I was handed more recipes in the form of 3 wooden boxes filled with index cards.

A hand-written recipe of Praline Meringue Cake

Browsing through the scrap books and boxes, I decided to start this blog to document the recipes I will try from her collection. 

So here starts the adventures (or should I say, misadventures!) of an amateur baker. 

Let's get bakin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment